Anyway, I entitled this blog journey b/c I feel like that is what I have been on for last year. For those that know me well you know I have had stomach issues most of my life. I finally went and got a test run to see if I had Celiac Disease, basically an intolerance to wheat, rye, barley, & oats.
My results came back negative, however, this could be attributed to the fact that I had been eating mostly gluten free for almost a year prior, sometimes that can effect your test results. Yet despite testing negative I made the decision to continue to eating gluten free b/c it simply makes me feel better. And let me tell you, I feel great! The only down side is that sometimes I still like to think I can eat things with gluten and then I get an awful stomach pains. But, for the most part I stick to my diet and I feel pretty good.
So, along with sticking to my gluten free diet I have decided that this year is going to be a turning point in how I view food and what I am willing and unwilling to put into my body! We only get one turn around on this planet and only ONE body, so I decided enough is enough, no more processed junk and useless calories. That said, I'm thinking about trying a vegan diet. No, I haven't jumped off the deep end! This decision has nothing to do with being an animal activist, b/c I'm not, it isn't that I don't like meat, which I do, it is just a personal decision that I have decided to pursue. I already consume only small amounts of dairy, and I hardly ever eat red meat mostly b/c I cannot stand the sight of raw meat. So, my hope is that this transition will not be too much a shock to my system.
Also, this new food journey may prompt me to blog more and make more of an effort to get my thoughts out. I love to write things down and it isn't until I actually sit down and start typing that I realize how much I miss the written (typed) word. Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great New Year, filled not with only with resolutions but REVOLUTIONS!
P.S. I'm going to work on the blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment